Welcome to Annot8
Annot8 is a framework for extracting structured information from unstructured data. For a simple example, this could be extracting e-mail addresses from a collection of text documents, or faces from a collection of images.
- Annotation - Some information highlighted in Content, for example a span of text
- Content - A “view” on an Item, for example the text extracted from a Word document
- Item - A data object for processing, for example a Word document
- Processor - A processor is an Annot8 component that processes Content in some way, for example annotating e-mail addresses
- *Property - A property is a key-value pair on an Annot8 object (such as an Annotation, an Item or Content) which provides additional meta-data, for example the author of a document
- Source - An Annot8 component which creates new Item objects, for example by finding files in a folder on your hard drive
Read more about Annot8 concepts:
The Annot8 framework is split into two repositories, each of which contain a number of projects.